Thursday, December 30, 2010

And 1

The U Conn ladies basketball team has been HOT for the last 90 games.  They have won 90 games and up until tonight there were no losses.  Ironically tonight I watched the U Conn ladies for the first time since hearing all the news about them being the team with the most consecutive wins in history.  I never saw any of those wins, but I did make it in time to tune in for their loss.

Stanford beat the Huskies 71-59, and in my opinion played more solid ball the entire game.

Sports history was made tonight, but what I will most remember is learning that Stanford's mascot is a TREE, and the tree has to keep its arms moving during the entire game.  Maybe if the U Conn ladies moved like the tree did tonight they would have blocked more shots.  Just saying.

1 comment: