Sunday, September 11, 2011

Twas the Night Before Football

Welcome to the start of football.  Well, technically Thursday was the start of football with the Packers beating the Saints, but it is finally time once again for football Sunday.  With all the nerves of the offseason lockout behind us it's time to make sure the batteries in the remote are new, the cheese dip is warm, and there are plenty of beers chilling in the fridge.

Last season I had a 59% accuracy ATS (against the spread) in a pool where I attempted pick winning teams for every game of the season.  That's freaking amazing and could potentially make me a lot of money if I ever took my talents public, but instead my goal is simple: First and foremost I want to entertain my readers with the same informative wit you have come to love, and break down sports in an easy to understand way.  After all, sports are really just soap operas with jock straps and pads.

For the first week I'm looking for:
1. The Colts to lose.  Without Manning, they may not win very many games this season, if any at all... What was that old saying? There is no "I" in team... well for the Colts there is, and he happens to be sitting on the sidelines recovering from neck surgery.
2.  The Bears to lose at home to the Falcons.  With all the problems the Bears have with upset players feeling like they aren't getting paid what they are worth (they aren't) and a lack luster QB who just broke up an engagement to a Dancing with the Stars contestant, there are more fireworks going on off the field than on it.  
3.  I like San Francisco.  Granted my accuracy rating would be a lot higher if I wouldn't have picked them to win so many times last year, but I still like them.  I think this team has a lot of potential.

I look forward to may colorful stories to come out of the season, and I can't wait to share them with all of you.  So, sleep tight and when you wake up tomorrow morning ask yourself one question.  Are you ready for some football????

No comments:

Post a Comment